Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: AC Milan Vs Bayern Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
    Bayern confirmed last night why they have such a good away record in this season's UCL along with Liverpool and Chelsea to a lesser extent.

This season Bayern have somehow got a result away from home and this is a good signal of standing up and noticing this team rather than considering them also rans. Milan did the job properly for most of the match but we fell short and our complacency cost us big. We have learnt nothing at all from the Istanbul or Deportivo fiascos. This team just has a massive mental block to maintain ascendency in a match for the entire length of a match.

When Nesta joined us we were supremely confident at the back and could defend for entire 90 minutes without a glitch because Maldini and Dida were equally good. Nowadays we will have trouble to defend for 10 minutes because our backline is not what it used to be. Maldini and Dida are just not the same so us going into a shell in the last quarter of the match is inviting trouble and we surely invited it last night.

Pirlo and Nesta had a good game IMO but it is false to say that Milan had a good match. Bayern had a good match because they got a very good result against the odds when you look at the situation they were in. Milan, on the other hand got a poor result as we blew what should have been a win especially with Makaay and Podolski neutralized all night long.

I don't think that Ambrosini or Gilardino made bad misses. I really don't. You really don't have enough time to adjust the angle from such close distance. It was just a very very good piece of goalkeeping by Rensing on those reflex saves! He must be given credit for those saves. It was really awe-inspiring stuff.

Gilardino even in his poor form put the ball into the back of the net on a clear onside but it was called off. That makes me believe that he was not shaken at the thought of missing that header at all. He knew he hit a good header but he also knew that Rensing made a better save.

Moving on to the game. Bayern didn't create anything. Only Schweinsteiger and Ottl were doing things. Makaay, Podolski and Salimidzic were having a pretty quiet night. That makes me believe that the defence was doing a decent enough job.

Saying that, we too didn't create much from the middle. But I was glad to see our full-backs do something that they normally don't i.e. ATTACK and provide WIDTH. Their crosses were good and Jankulovski had one his most impressive games in a Milan shirt IMO. He was making life hell for Sagnol and Hasan.

Oddo didn't have a fantastic outing but it was better than what Cafu could have provided. He did deliver the assists but unfortunately for us weren't converted.

I can't blame anyone on the first goal. It is just one of those stupid things that happens in football. No fault with anybody. For the second goal I will have to put the blame on Dida. He knew the angle at which Van Buyten could take a shot which was acute. The least he should have done was to cover the near post. He went for middle ground trying to cover the NEAR AND FAR posts because VB's first goal went to that side.

But ... seriously ..... he should have guarded that near post with his body and test VB to go for the far post with that angle. It was daft keeping and a bad one to concede.

I don't think much blame should be put on Seedorf, Gattuso or Pirlo either. Seedorf has many negatives but one must also remember that his passing and possession was a factor in frustrating the Bayern midfield.

I am purposely writing this post after cooling down and being calm so that a very objective picture is presented.

Gattuso going to the ref and checking his watch after the match is pure lunacy on that idiot's part. The match is over. So bloody what if he has given 3 mins and 18 seconds? Is this what we have become now? A club that whines over seconds just because we conceded in the final seconds due to our own mistake!

We were lucky enough to get a false penalty but in the overall scheme of things we didn't deserve to lose this match. That would have been atrocious as we played well enough for a draw. A draw we got.

One can't expect Kaka to shine every single time for us. He still scored that penalty and made it however you look at it. I don't think any of the other chokers in our side would have scored that penalty so it is an important goal and a lifeline for us in this tie.

Mate ... we haven't given away the opportunity to reach the semis as yet. But let's be honest for a while. Bayern have a 75% chance of going through since they have a massive 2-2 draw while we need to go to the Allianz Arena and win. I don't consider a 3-3 draw or something even a part of the equation.

The objective is fairly simple for us. We have to win. And I can tell you now that Milan will probably need to score at least 2 goals if not 3 and deal with other factors that will TEST THE MENTAL FORTITUDE of this team to the outer limits. I am not a fan of this team's mental strength as I see them as a bunch of weaklings thinkling like Gaylliani and Ancelotti who are the biggest pvssies in our club.

But ... let's hope for one more week. You can never say never. The situation as it stands right now is that we are on the back-foot. Bayern will start the second leg with huge momentum and the first 30 mins will most probably horrid for us because Bayern had the momentum in the last 20 mins in this match and that momentum will continue in that second leg.

Let me remind all of you that the UCL is the MOST UNFORGIVING COMPETITION. One mistake is enough to take you out. It becomes a test of mental strength and less of a test of skill as the final stages come closer and closer.

The second leg of the QF has historically been a night of drama. If you want to show somebody the UCL then the second leg of the QF is the stage you should bet on. That is the ultimate reference for the UCL IMO.

I thought before the tie that Bayern should be looked at very cautiously and not be under-estimated and I feel no different right now. I am not surprised at the result as a team doesn't get flukey results away from home in the UCL. Bayern had a set pattern going for them. Liverpool and Chelsea too.

I think it will be very tough to qualify. Good teams win at home. Great teams win away from home. And the QF second leg has quite a few inspiring references when the teams fought against the wall to make it. Some of these games are Semis but nonetheless:

====
    Juve. vs. Utd.

Antonio Conte scored the opener in the first leg and Utd. being more enterprising tried and tried but scored in the dying minutes from a Ryan Giggs header to make it 1-1.

Juve tore apart Utd. in the first 21 mins with a convincing 2-0 lead in the second leg through an Inzaghi brace. A Roy Keane inspired Utd. played the match of their lives in the final 70 mins to clinch the game 2-3 and win the tie in amazing fashion. To this day that was the best game Utd. have ever played in testing circumstances. In other games they have just wanked about like a bunch of garlic bread tossers. They don't know how to play in the UCL but that game they did it all right.

====

Utd. vs. Real

The first leg ended 0-0 with Helguera missing an absolute sitter even though he was one of the best headers in world football at the time. Utd. were amazingly strong at home and for them to get a draw meant they were in a very good position to win the tie. Utd. were and still are big wanks when it comes to playing away from home so when they win or draw away from home, it is n-e-w-s!

Redondo destroyed Utd. in the best performance by him with amazing possession of 61% to Real for most of the match. Old Trafford was a fortress at the time.

====

Barca vs. Juve

Barca got a very good result in Torino through a Kluivert goal if I'm not mistaken. It was 1-1. Juve travelled to Barcelona and took the lead through Nedved. Xavi equalized in the first half to make it a dead even tie. Barcelona was all over Juve and Davids was shown red. Lippi's Juve with their backs against the wall and a seemingly unknown striker in Zalayeta were fighting to stay in the game. Thuram played the best match of his career being a total monster at right back and then centre back (after the red) to keep Juve in the match. Birindelli's cross in the 115th minute enabled Zalayeta to seal it for Juve in dramatic circumstances.

I thrive on the situation that Milan are seemingly in. It's a first leg draw with the second leg away from home. We have been average away from home so far but what an opportunity to wipe it all and become true contenders to pull this one off. The achilles' heel for Milan has always been the QF stage. The SF has been a breeze for 40 years until Barca pulled a fast one on us recently. I do believe that we do stand a small chance of taking this one. If you ask me about one thing that worries me right now then ... I will not say that

a) It is the absence of Gila

b) Inzaghi sucks nowadays

c) Oliveira is a ridiculously expensive purchase with no return

d) Dida is pathetic nowadays

e) Our midfield doesn't create enough

f) Our coach is a moron

It is none of those. It is one point only:

1) Our team is not mentally strong

I don't know HOW this problem is fixed in seven days time. This is something you have or you don't have. We can beat Bayern in the Allianz Arena but their coach is all too smart and he has put in the belief in his team that they are not INFERIOR to ANYONE. Bayern actually believes that and don't give up till the end. Our coach talks about winning the UCL would be really special in this season. Our captain says that the memory of this bad season could be erased if we win the UCL. These guys should be talking about the QF IMO rather than the UCL title before the Bayern match.

Our thinking and approach is totally wrong. I don't believe any club has babbled about the trophy before the QF except us.

So I will summarize by saying that we have an outside chance of pulling off a famous win in the Allianz Arena if we have the MENTAL STRENGTH in that game because make no mistake. We could be tested. We could receive a red card. We could be 2-0 down in 20 minutes or it could be even worse. It all comes down to whether we can pick ourselves up during the game and have the mental strength to pull this one off.

A victory will need to be orchestrated. You can't win an away match. Away game wins are crafted and orchestrated. Keane, Redondo, Effenberg, Gerrard have all done it.

We need our midfielder Pirlo / Kaka / Seedorf (my hope would be Pirlo) to rise and orchestrate the win.

I was right about Bayern in the first leg. And I am telling you that this one is not over if we have the mental strength. If we act and play like a bunch of pvssies which we have done on quite a few occasions then it is over before it even starts. The pre-match comments will start to give a much more clear picture of where we stand. Kaka's comments were good for a start.

Best posts so far in this thread

but you intrepetend my quote wrong i said we gave a way a golden opportunity, with which i mean that we could have sealed the deal yesterday but we didn't so now like you say we'll have to face a hard match in witch nothing should be taken for granted

damn this hurts
    Who plays Pro Evolution 6 on the PS2, online..?
    I will play everyone

but thats the reality !!! ****ing anceloti

i hate carlo , and gilardinho???? the bigest mistake in milan history !!

i watched the game over and over, for three times!, and i would say it was Didas fault in the both cases,and not Nesta's.a goalkeeper is ment to protect his ball and not his ***!he is afraid of the ball, tried to stop the ball with his ***!at the 93rd min, he doesnt close well the angle, and the ball is in.
    apart from that, Gilardino made a HERO out of Rensing. so weak finishing, may God forgive his mistakes.
    and the ones that believe that we beat Bayern away, (with Carlo as coach and his 4-4-1-1 with Ambrossini+Seedorf partnership).........

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    i watched the game over and over, for three times!, and i would say it was Didas fault in the both cases,and not Nesta's.a goalkeeper is ment to protect his ball and not his ***!he is afraid of the ball, tried to stop the ball with his ***!at the 93rd min, he doesnt close well the angle, and the ball is in.
    apart from that, Gilardino made a HERO out of Rensing. so weak finishing, may God forgive his mistakes.
    and the ones that believe that we beat Bayern away, (with Carlo as coach and his 4-4-1-1 with Ambrossini+Seedorf partnership).........
    did you also saw the nasty curve on the ball when it bounces back right into van buyten's feet away from dida? in these situations a goalie is simply almost always in a weak position, you can't blame dida for that! it is the defence his fault to react better on these situations in both cases the ball should have been headed away long before it bounced in to our goal area!

Quote Originally Posted by fillipo View Post
    did you also saw the nasty curve on the ball when it bounces back right into van buyten's feet away from dida? in these situations a goalie is simply almost always in a weak position, you can't blame dida for that! it is the defence his fault to react better on these situations in both cases the ball should have been headed away long before it bounced in to our goal area!
    Fillipo,

I'll be fair and say that maybe Dida can be forgiven for the first goal but he is supposed to be the bloody last line of defence so if for some reason the defenders make a mistake then Dida needs to jump in and cover the near post when the ball will be shot in from an acute angle. Dida is to be fully blamed for leaving the gap with his near post. It was a mistake to renew Inzaghi's contract for such a long period of time as he sits and earns millions for nothing and it was an even bigger blunder to renew Dida's contract especially in this sort of form. Berlusconi coming out and defending Dida is a moron. Dida's agent is an even bigger moron for blindly taking off the blame from his player!

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

it aint the first time either, remember barca last year he has always been a shaky keeper