Quote Originally Posted by Fortunato View Post
Yeah, but Toni doesn't have persistant injury and fitness problems, and if I'm not mistaken has done better in the last couple years than Ronaldo has during that same period. Toni is currently doing well in Serie A, Ronaldo hasn't played in Serie A for years and is (at the present moment) much more questionable in terms of form and fitness. Hey, if he turns out to be in good form and scores a lot of goals for us, great! But Toni IMO is less of a gamble.
Ronaldo scored almost 20 goals for Real last year and was their top goalscorer... so it's just a matter of few month....not couple of seasons or anything like that.
But i guess the main reason why i prefer Ronaldo is that he already proved he's a great player for greatest sides....he did well in eindhoven, Barca, Inter, Real....while Toni found his form in the age of 29 in avarage Fiorentina. These kinda players can't usually perform that good in the top clubs...

And also Bo0 is right....Toni is a finisher....like Gila and Inzaghi while Ronaldo is much more creative striker...you know it would be impossible to play with two Bierhoffs in the front but one of them + Weah and Leonardo/Boban behind them worked very good...