Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The reason about this topic..

Great ideas Yasser. I support all of them.

Thanks again Mau, Arci and everyone involved in upgrading this wonderful forum.
    Manager of AC CH-Milan (171848)
    Lost and Found (capacity: 60000)

Quote Originally Posted by Arc

3. Extra services like email or web(blog?)space for the members.

i'd love email service again (but we gotta fix something ... )

web/blog thing maybe

my little opinion:

2 - video:
    its interesting, and could be done. Im available, i have to check if i need some things to acquire video and encode it.

3 -
    its done, its good, it seems funny, lets see

4-chat
    its easy to do, in past we used irc network and i think its a good solution. Easy with sw (as mirc, kvirc, chatzilla) or via web (simple, opening url, insert nick and chat)

5- SMS Service:
    its possibile, but not for free. The main thing is to do what with this "network of communication", there are forum and email, already.

6- BEING OFFICIAL AC MILAN FAN CLUB ONLINE:
    its a great idea, if not possible i - or others, as seems better - could be available tu make a phisical formal point of club, who after works on the net. To do it i think is sufficient to know how can we make a "standard" -> online. But we need informations to plan these things. not simple, but great.

7- Latest News:
    i dont know: because there are a lot of football's and ac milan' news sites.. can be useful another?
    Or a new website, a bit blog, a bit newspaper, as newspapers "il romanista" or "forza Milan", but only online?

DM Emperor
    Veni vidi vici

3). Things like email are easy to put in and very easy to combine with the details from the DM database like usernames/passwords. My goal is to keep things combined as much as possible.

4). The chat, yes its easy but i just dont want to see a 'basic' system that everyone could setup. I'm willing to put in some work to make things special

5). SMS Services these days are close to free or free if you know the right path. It might take a bit of work but i know that it can work easly with very low or no costs.

6). I think its best to get the basics up 'n running first, like news feeds etc.. If its time we can give them a good impression about what DM is all about

7. A good news overview stands or falls with the person/people who write it. Its best if DM get a system that is REALLY easy to use and make it as open as possible. With that i mean that we could create some kind of paper (like gazzetta) with all the information used from the 'news page' and/or forums. Its just the best that the system gives us as many features as we can get or build in later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Uio
    my little opinion:

2 - video:
    its interesting, and could be done. Im available, i have to check if i need some things to acquire video and encode it.

3 -
    its done, its good, it seems funny, lets see

4-chat
    its easy to do, in past we used irc network and i think its a good solution. Easy with sw (as mirc, kvirc, chatzilla) or via web (simple, opening url, insert nick and chat)

5- SMS Service:
    its possibile, but not for free. The main thing is to do what with this "network of communication", there are forum and email, already.

6- BEING OFFICIAL AC MILAN FAN CLUB ONLINE:
    its a great idea, if not possible i - or others, as seems better - could be available tu make a phisical formal point of club, who after works on the net. To do it i think is sufficient to know how can we make a "standard" -> online. But we need informations to plan these things. not simple, but great.

7- Latest News:
    i dont know: because there are a lot of football's and ac milan' news sites.. can be useful another?
    Or a new website, a bit blog, a bit newspaper, as newspapers "il romanista" or "forza Milan", but only online?

i just want a webcam section where you can watch me wearing my latex tong !!

for the rest i really would like to see a proper, organised video section.

what is the major benefit of being an official milan fan club if i may ask?

but futher i think you guys already have some excellent idea's to pimp this forum even futher!!

DM Emperor
    Veni vidi vici

Small update for now.

Step 1 (the 'news' site) is running nicely. It has great support within vBulletin so that we can all share the same accounts/details etc.. Only 'problem' is that im a really really bad designer so ill have to look at mau to make it look a bit nicer

When the league is fully done i think that its time to give it a go and test it

Step 2 (the video/images archive) is coming but i had a few minor problems with corrupted data. (like we had with the avatars).

I would like to add a new section in Off Topic, Birthday section to add all the threads in one aria and keep the off topic for the off topic things

i've been fixing the Vertical Columns alignment in the main page ( u probably saw some mess today )

now i have to order a bit the moderators and some status

then i'll change some subforums (erase/move etc)

then i see what u say Yourmood