Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: FCBarcelona vs AC Milan

Champions League Cup FCBarcelona vs AC Milan

vs

nou camp, barcelona

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Milan stars on tenterhooks Sunday 23 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan admit they’ll only know on Tuesday whether Kaka, Andriy Shevchenko, Marcos Cafu, Massimo Ambrosini and Alessandro Nesta can face Barcelona.

“The situation on the players injured at Messina will be evaluated on a daily basis and a final decision on their availability for the Barcelona game will be taken after Tuesday evening’s training session,” read an official statement on the club website.

Kaka is the biggest doubt after he was stretchered off with a bruised knee after a crunching tackle from Alessandro Nocerino, while Ambrosini spent just 14 minutes on the field before limping off with a knock to the left leg.

Nesta is also at risk for the Champions League semi-final at the Nou Camp with an upper thigh strain and Cafu was hacked down in stoppages by Salvatore Aronica.

Shevchenko was spotted limping out of the locker room after the 3-1 win at Messina’s Stadio San Filippo, but is expected to make a full recovery for the Wednesday night game, which the Rossoneri must win to progress.

“This was an uphill struggle, as we immediately went a goal down and lost three players to injury in the first half-hour, something that has never happened to me,” said Carlo Ancelotti.

“There was a tense atmosphere in this match and a lot of it was down to some irresponsible statements made in the run-up. Messina President Pietro Franza promised ‘an entire city ready to do battle’ and our players bore the brunt of that attitude.”

The good news from the Milanello training ground this morning is that Paolo Maldini and Pippo Inzaghi, who missed Saturday’s match through a muscular problem and tonsillitis respectively, are back in training.

--------------------------------------------------

the latest news on the injuries... we gonna need them
    Last edited by Filipez; 24th April 2006 at 12:37.
    Forza Milan

ALLEGRI OUT

this was carlo's and rijkaard had to say after the first game!

AC Milan can still make it to the Champions League final despite a 1-0 defeat by Barcelona in their semi-final first leg at the San Siro on Tuesday, coach Carlo Ancelotti said.

Ancelotti, whose team had been unbeaten at home in 13 European games, said: "It is not a good result but I think we still have a good chance to win at Barcelona.

"We don't need a miracle but we will need an extraordinary performance to get through," he added.

"For what we created and for how we played, I think the result was harsh on us. I hope we get repaid in the second leg.

"Barcelona have improved their chances of getting through but this is not a decisive result.

Ancelotti put the blame on his team's inability to put away four good chances they had created.

"We paid for our lack of precision in front of goal with the chances that we made. We did well to create some opportunities but we couldn't put them away," said Ancelotti.

NO CRITICISM

Milan were without virus-stricken forward Filippo Inzaghi, but Ancelotti refused to criticise his replacement Alberto Gilardino.

"All the players produced a good game, we had some difficulties as you do against a top side but everyone gave their all."

Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard, a former team mate of Ancelotti's at Milan, was upbeat about his rivals' performance as well as his own side's.

"It was a very important result and I want to congratulate all the players. We were playing at a tough venue against a top team and it wasn't easy.

"I said this was an important game to see what we are worth. It was important to get the result and to have a better chance now of getting through," he said.

"We shouldn't forget that Milan created some chances. At the start we were taken a bit by surprise but even later on they created some difficulties. They played pretty well and created opportunities."

So we must wait to see the status of our injured players
    Barca will have to do it without oleguer and messi.

Tonight barca will play against sevilla if they win they our the campions of spain. so important match for them.

I have a good feeling about this game. milan can win 2-1 or 3-2. they dont 'need' to play perfect. all that needs to change is finish some of the chances we had in the first leg. if the score is 0-0 or 1-0 for us by halftime, i really like our chances. the one thing that i think can hurt us is carlo not making the necessary changes. if for some reason we go down 0-1 early carlo needs to throw on three forwards and not wait for the 70th minute to make a change. i think we'll win 3-1. sheva, eto'o, kaladze, gilardino. FORZA MILAN!!!

on a side note. thank you ESPN2 for not showing both milan semifinals. your decision to show arsenal and villareal is pure genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Filipez
    Milan stars on tenterhooks Sunday 23 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan admit they’ll only know on Tuesday whether Kaka, Andriy Shevchenko, Marcos Cafu, Massimo Ambrosini and Alessandro Nesta can face Barcelona.

“The situation on the players injured at Messina will be evaluated on a daily basis and a final decision on their availability for the Barcelona game will be taken after Tuesday evening’s training session,” read an official statement on the club website.

Kaka is the biggest doubt after he was stretchered off with a bruised knee after a crunching tackle from Alessandro Nocerino, while Ambrosini spent just 14 minutes on the field before limping off with a knock to the left leg.

Nesta is also at risk for the Champions League semi-final at the Nou Camp with an upper thigh strain and Cafu was hacked down in stoppages by Salvatore Aronica.

Shevchenko was spotted limping out of the locker room after the 3-1 win at Messina’s Stadio San Filippo, but is expected to make a full recovery for the Wednesday night game, which the Rossoneri must win to progress.

“This was an uphill struggle, as we immediately went a goal down and lost three players to injury in the first half-hour, something that has never happened to me,” said Carlo Ancelotti.

“There was a tense atmosphere in this match and a lot of it was down to some irresponsible statements made in the run-up. Messina President Pietro Franza promised ‘an entire city ready to do battle’ and our players bore the brunt of that attitude.”

The good news from the Milanello training ground this morning is that Paolo Maldini and Pippo Inzaghi, who missed Saturday’s match through a muscular problem and tonsillitis respectively, are back in training.

--------------------------------------------------

the latest news on the injuries... we gonna need them
    My own personal opinion is that this is all mind games from Milan. I think Kaka and Nesta will definitely start
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

Quote Originally Posted by castagnola21
    on a side note. thank you ESPN2 for not showing both milan semifinals. your decision to show arsenal and villareal is pure genius!
    I hate those bastards!!!I keep emailing them at least once a week so they do not feel comfortable.......But what did you expect. After all one Tony Smith is a pool and Arsenal lover!
    in un mese hai perso moglie,tifosi e kakà,papi vendi la società

well, he's kinda biased. but if you got ESPNdeportes, they have both the matches, live.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

the barca game tonight was canceled due heavy rain!!!

this is a welcome canceling for barcalona and sevilla that have more rest for upcoming european games and no more injuries

ooooooooooooh surprise i bet those bastards faked the rain, nice restful time for barca.