AC Milan
    Barcelona FC

there we go =)

..............dida (regretfully)
    ..cafu....nesta...kaladze...maldini
    .....gattuso....pirlo.....seedorf
    ...............kaka.
    ..........sheva....pippo

not how id play it, but i think thats how we will start.

I think Serginho will start the game. And I think that would mean Cafù is being put on the bench.

Inzaghi has been suffering from fever the last couple of days. Honestly, I don't know if he will be fit for tuesday... If he misses today's training session, then there is a real concern.

Inzaghi to miss Barca clash? Sunday 16 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pippo Inzaghi is suffering from a bout of tonsillitis and is a major doubt for Tuesday’s Champions League semi-final with Barcelona.

The Milan striker already had to skip the 1-0 derby victory over Inter due to a high temperature and over the weekend it developed into full-blown tonsillitis.

He is undergoing treatment and taking large doses of antibiotics in a bid to have him in good shape for the first leg encounter at San Siro on Tuesday evening, but it’s becoming increasingly unlikely this will happen in time.

It would be an extremely heavy blow to Carlo Ancelotti’s side, who pushed past Olympique Lyonnais in the quarter-final thanks to an Inzaghi brace.

The former Juventus hitman is perhaps the Rossoneri’s form player in Europe at the moment, scoring four goals in the last three games.

His replacement, Alberto Gilardino, is still looking for his first Champions League goal following a £17m move from Parma in the summer and has netted just twice in the last two months.

With this in mind and Barcelona’s all-attack football, Ancelotti could be tempted to fall back on the Christmas Tree formation that helped him to win this tournament in 2003.

Manuel Rui Costa could come in to help Kaka support lone striker Andriy Shevchenko, who is now the most prolific ever marksman in the Champions League with 52 goals.

Barcelona also have problems coming into Tuesday’s game, as they will be without the injured Lionel Messi and Henrik Larsson. Ronaldinho was rested for Friday’s 1-0 Liga win over Villarreal as he tries to recover from a pulled right thigh muscle.

The two teams met in last season’s Group stage, Milan winning 1-0 at San Siro and losing 2-1 to a last-gasp Ronaldinho strike at the Nou Camp.

Channel 4
    -----------------------------------------------

TBH I don't think it's too much of a worry if Pippo's not fit for the first game as long as he's available for the return leg.
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

for sure we must not play the christmas tree at home against them!

barca also misses deco so we must take some advantage this first leg! the barca defence was really shaky friday, so that should give even gila some convidence.

i think barca will play in the attack line with ronaldinho -eto'o - giuly . this is what concerns me most a 3 man attack we have seen it before it is always troubling us big time, i hope carlo will make his conclusions and anticipate well on it.

agree fillipo i dont see rui costa coming in with kaka behind sheva being a particularlt potent change, we should just bring Gila in in a straight swap, he got to break his duck sometime

I think we will see a much better Milan performnce against barca, and in general in the future. Primrily because Cafu is back

Wether he is as good as before or not is irrelevant, as he still has pace and gets up and down that flank, meaning that he is either n option or pass to, or still somebody that the defense must consider

When we had Billy as RB vs Lyon, he would make the runs, however we never passed to the Right side, therefore the Lyon team squeezed us on the left and through the centre.

When we moved Kaká on the right, and played Serginho as a left mid we had options on both sides and therefore we stretched their defense form side to side, and created more holes and chances.

Now with Cafu back, we have 33% more of our attacking potency back, and a much better chance of scoring goals
    You can love many women...but only ONE football club!!!

FORZA MILAN!

Beh, this sentimentality around Cafù is surely getting to my nerves.