Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: AC Milan vs FCBarcelona

Barcelonas squad for the first leg:

Valdés. Jorquera, Iniesta, Van Bommel, Ezquerro, Gio, Maxi, Puyol, Gabri, Eto'o, Edmilson, Belletti, Giuly, Sylvinho, Oleguer, Márquez, Ronaldinho and Motta.

Gilardino set for Pippo role Monday 17 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alberto Gilardino will start in attack for Milan against Barcelona after Pippo Inzaghi was ruled out of the Champions League semi-final.

Inzaghi has been crucial to the Rossoneri’s European Cup campaign by netting braces in the San Siro legs against both Bayern Munich and Lyon.

But he’s failed to recover from the illness which saw him miss the derby on Friday night and will subsequently sit out the Barca clash too.

Boss Carlo Ancelotti will subsequently field Alberto Gilardino in attack alongside Andriy Shevchenko on Tuesday.

The tie will be a big test of Gilardino’s ability given the recent goal drought which the £18m summer signing is suffering from.

The ex-Parma sensation hasn’t netted in one of his eight Champions League games so far, where he has amassed 406 minutes.

Although he has grabbed 16 goals in Serie A, the Italian international hasn’t bagged since the 4-0 win at Udinese on March 19.

Milan do have Shevchenko to rely on though as he’s collected nine in the European Cup this term, while Kaka will orchestrate play behind the attacking duo.

There is good news for boss Ancelotti, though, with the likely return from injury of Dutch master Jaap Stam.

He’s being tipped to start on the right side of defence, with Brazilian flying wing-back Serginho set to begin on the left.

Alessandro Nesta and Kakha Kaladze, fresh from his derby goal, should start in the centre, with Paolo Maldini taking his spot on the bench.

Milan probable: Dida; Stam, Nesta, Kaladze, Serginho; Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf; Kaka; Gilardino, Shevchenko.

Channel 4
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

Rijkaard: Let’s make history Monday 17 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona boss Frank Rijkaard insists his side could write themselves a chapter in history by beating Milan in the Champions League semi-final.

The two teams meet at the San Siro on Tuesday night and the former Rossoneri midfielder has underlined just how important the game will be.

“This tie is our chance to consecrate us as a great side,” said the Dutchman. “We are hungry for success, but now we must demonstrate that in Europe.”

Rijkaard’s Barcelona are undoubtedly one of the continent’s top sides and had to beat Premiership giants Chelsea to progress in the competition.

Although they won the Liga last season and are on the verge of doing the same this term, he’s desperate to lift the European Cup.

“We are a squad of young players who want to keep winning, but the time has come for us to leave our mark on the international stage,” added the former Holland boss.

“If we want to get through this semi-final then we are going to have to do something that people will be talking about for years to come.”

Rijkaard knows what awaits his side tomorrow night though after he himself won two European Cups with the Milan giants during his midfield career.

“They are a side with great experience,” added Rijkaard, a man who played alongside Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti.

“They have an excellent system of play and a very strong defence. It will be interesting to see how we cope against such opponents.”

Rijkaard concluded by commenting on reports that Milan boss Ancelotti is motivating his troops for the game by showing his men a picture of Ronaldinho.

“I prefer to pin up a picture of my team in the changing rooms because we have great faith in ourselves,” he noted. “We shouldn’t think about our opponents.”

Channel 4
    -----------------------------------------------

I hope they mistory as well...by concedeing the most goals ever
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

LOL indeed, you want history....we will give you some history!!

about the line up its great in my opinion, except for pipo the best possible line up for this game!

stam fit great news and i agree with gurra i rather see stam and serginho for this game then cafu and maldini (please forgive me paolo).

but the only thing i want to add is that we are not sentimental about cafu, because its bull**** to talk about him after such a season this season is not a fair way to measure cafu, what where you thinking about pipo last years? i always believed pipo would come back!!! (it's easy to say now i know but it's true) cafu had a poor year and indeed he is getting old, but he will stay for another year and i'm glad because i believe he still can be very ussefull for us. maybe i'm wrong i don't know but it's not sentimental its milan!! if i only want to cheer for succes and players in form then i think i'm better of to be a juve fan or something (please take note this is not in any way an insult towards anyone here on this site, this is just my opinion)

We'll just see if Cafù will improve or not, to be sufficent for Milan. I vote he wont and that there are other options to prefer.

Really, I don't see inform bringing him more speed, stamina, defensive intelligence and much more offensive quality to him. Sure, he can improve a bit like anyone else, but it will IMHO not be enough for being in Milan's starting XI.

Look at Serginho, there is some offensive quality. Compare his play to Cafù's IMHO, even compare Oddo to Cafù and see who is a better terzino.

As much as I want the old Cafù back, I can't no longer deny facts just because what he has achieved.

I always believed in Pippo, but that is a waay different story.
    Last edited by Gurre; 17th April 2006 at 16:41.

indeed its a different story, but still many people had lost faith in him too, but *** you say different story,

and i agree with you i also rahter see other options but for next season if we sign oddo, cafu is a good player for our bench he even might improve oddo!

Did you guys hear that Carlo is hanging Ronaldinho's posters is some players' rooms to motivate them???Well if it works.........
    in un mese hai perso moglie,tifosi e kakà,papi vendi la società

that will just scare them, especially if theyve just eaten