Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: AC Milan vs FCBarcelona

its not sentimentality, the guy is a legend, he is not the player he was, in 94 he was told he couldnt defend, in 98 told he couldnt cross, nd in 2002 told hw was too old, yet he has played in 3 WC finals, won 2, and 1 as captain. He can do a job, and GVB is vunerable to a driving player, if rino can put cafu in on the overlap, it will force gvb back, and ultimately cut off suply to ronnie. Lets not forget, he can run all day, he poses a greater attacking threat than billy and stam.

thats right mate.

having pippo on board is the most important thing now. if we manage to score in san siro ,and keep clean sheet than most probably carlo will play the christmass tree in now camp.
    i presume barca defence will tight mark sheva+kaka , so i dont expect nothing from then this game , eventually the chance will be pippo or gila

agree guys, cafu is not in his best shape, but some of uss talk about him like he is done for good, thats just really ad-hoc thinking. i'm sure he will be usefull for us that game!

anyone latest news about pipo?

Beh, as I said: Sentimentality. Caf¨ was a driving player, Caf¨ used to run a lot, Caf¨ was fast, Caf¨ was a good defender.

IMHO he is no longer. I have the outmost respect for him and what he has achieved, but enough is IMHO enough. I know some of you disagree, but I see Stam as a bigger threat forward and a much, much, much better full back defensivley.

Anyway, my hopes of seeing Caf¨ on the bench seem to come true. Stam should be fit enough for the game, and since Serginho is the best left back we have (and waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Caf¨ as terzino), he will play. Playing with two brazilian wing backs would be way too risky, and Caf¨ will have to make way. The right decision IMO.

Inzaghi though, seems to miss the game. Maldini will probably start on the bench.

Stam-Kaladze-Nesta-Serginho
    The usual midfield
    Shevchenko-Gilardino

Gurra G,

I agree with you on Cafu he is not the player he use to be but Cafu worst game is a lot better than Stam best game in RB

IMO stick with Cafu

we should take advantage of Deco & Messi absence. hope that our midfield shows some good stuff, and works even if its once in 12 months ,

If Milan stick with Caf¨ in the Barcelona game, we will see a right flank rape in the way of Luque, Lee-Park and Riise. No thank you.

Regarding Inzaghi: From what I've gathered from the italian media, he will miss the game due to fever and tonsillitis. Although there is a slight possibility this "Inzaghi isn't well" is just a mind game...

http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/sport/a...lo305647.shtml

The italian websites are not well updated for the moment. I guess it's because of Easter. tgcom.it is not the most reliable source, but it's the only one I've found bringing up the Inzaghi subject.