Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ac Milan vs Chievo

Shevchenko skips Chievo test Saturday 8 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andriy Shevchenko will not take part in Sunday’s encounter with Chievo, as the Milan medical staff advised a week of rest.

The Ukrainian hitman has been on blistering form this season and his goal against Lyon made him the most prolific Champions League scorer of all time, taking his tally to 52 goals including qualifiers.

“The medical staff advised Shevchenko to take a period of rest and an individual training schedule,” explained Coach Carlo Ancelotti in today’s Press conference.

Sheva has been struggling with a tendon problem throughout the campaign and it’s hoped this break will put him in top condition for the double whammy of the Milan derby on Good Friday and the Champions League semi-finals with Barcelona.

Curiously, the last time the Derby della Madonnina was played on a Friday was May 11, 2001 - when Milan ran out 6-0 winners.

“Pippo Inzaghi and Alberto Gilardino make a good pairing, as they cover the penalty area and are good in the air. Perhaps they lack the movement that Shevchenko provides, but they have always done well together.”

The injured Jaap Stam is also out of action, while Ancelotti has cast doubt on the full recovery of some of his other defenders.

“I don’t know if Paolo Maldini and Marcos Cafu will both be able to start against Chievo. Cafu isn’t 100 per cent fit yet.”

Channel4
    ---------------------------------------------------

No Sheva, but I'd rather him miss this than the derby or Barca. It's time for Gila to make his mark although he doesn't pair well with Pippo, so I'd be tempted to play him upfront on his own with Kaka and Rui behind him. I know he isn't the ideal player for that scenario but I'd rather rest Pippo too and I'm not sure about Amoroso. Luckily we are at home and our fans should be pumped up and act like the twelfth man
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

real test upcoming period, we need to keep the second place but we'll face some heavy games and we need to win the cl! but is our squad prepared for this? sure hope so come on boys, one month of fighting and victory is ours

A win is a must for me, we can't afford to get 0/6 points against Chievo and Juve-Viola game, if we just had won last week it would have been 6 points and tomorrow it could have been 3 if Luca is on fire but IF is not what happend sad enough ...
    AC MILAN Tu Sei Tutta la Mia Vita !!!

Game is on, first half about ending - anyone in here??

yeah i'm in but the don't have a proper stream so can't say to much can barerly follow the movements on the field,

Goal!!!!! we're back in business can't tell who scored can see ****!!! ****ing stream but i know for sure that was a goal

It is 3:1 already, thanks to a brace from Kaka!
    in un mese hai perso moglie,tifosi e kakà,papi vendi la società

Coincidentally, we're simultaneously beating Lecce 3-1. Not bad huh