Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: CL: Lyon Vs AC Milan

My crystal ball prophesises a 1-1 draw No physical form of affection required if it's proven correct.

Quote Originally Posted by GattusoKing
    My crystal ball prophesises a 1-1 draw No physical form of affection required if it's proven correct.
    lol then i hope it will become 0-2. so fillipez he can show his love
    Last edited by fillipo; 29th March 2006 at 19:26.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmood
    Haroon,

No preview this game?? I'm kinda use to read your preview's and Key Battles, Key Player .....
    Sorry about that mate. It's just that I have been really busy with work for the last couple of weeks including this one and on top of that I have a family wedding just around the corner. I'll try my best to write up a preview for the second leg.

Last night's results worked in our favour per se. Maybe we can pull off a surprise away win but to be realistic, it will be really tough to get a result despite our hot form and streak. I fear a narrow loss to Lyon tonight.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon
    Sorry about that mate. It's just that I have been really busy with work for the last couple of weeks including this one and on top of that I have a family wedding just around the corner. I'll try my best to write up a preview for the second leg.

Last night's results worked in our favour per se. Maybe we can pull off a surprise away win but to be realistic, it will be really tough to get a result despite our hot form and streak. I fear a narrow loss to Lyon tonight.

its all good congrats for the family wedding

Quote Originally Posted by yourmood
    its all good congrats for the family wedding
    Thanks. Actually I should be at a function right about now but I came home early. :eek:

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

HEAD-TO-HEAD WITH JUNINHO AND KAKA'
    28/03/2006

Can you remember when you first met?

J: Yes, it was for the national side, before that I had only seen Kaką on television. We had a chat and became friends.

K: I can confirm that. Before that we did not know each other.

Are Kaką and Juninho rivals for the national side?

J: No, in no way. It can be said that in the national side Ricky and me play in the same role but I play a different one at Lyon. In recent Brazil games I have come on for Kaką but I think we can play alongside each other.

K: No, I see him as a team-mate not a rival.

Can Brazil become World Cup winners?

J: I think so. It will be difficult but Brazil have the quality in every position.

K: Yes, we have great individuals.

Are you two Brazilians in the team essential for Milan and Lyon?

J: Kaką is the most important player for Milan, he sets the tempo of their game and he sets-up a lot of chances as well as scoring. I think he is the perfect number 10 at the moment, skill-wise and physically, a real top player.

K: I think that Juninho is without doubt the Lyon standard-bearer. This will be his fifth season and they have won four titles and probably a fourth coming up.

Is Juninho's absence a handicap for Lyon?

J: It's difficult to answer that, we'll see after the game. Anyway, Lyon have won a lot of game without me. I think the team will be even more concentrated on the task ahead.

K: Juninho is essential for the way Lyon play but they have a lot of other top players.

What do you think about the two teamsi?

J: Milan are Milan! They are very experienced from Dida to Shevchenko. They seem to come out of situations well even when they don't play that well as we saw against Bayern. Milan have left their mark on modern football, it's a team anyone would want to play for.

K: Lyon have moved up to be one of the top names in Europe in recent years.

What's the key to the game?

J: We want to play well and not concede a goal. We can't give them space and above all, allow them to play to far up the pitch. We'll be looking to create problems for Milan.

K: Milan and Lyon are two aggressive sides and the difference will be which side can impose their game.

Is it special to play against Brazilians?

J: It is because it demonstrates that our country has the quality although Lyon represent France and Milan Italy.

K: It's always a pleasure to meet up with friends all over the world but we are used to this.

Who was your favourite player when you were young?

J: Without doubt, Zico.

K: Raģ was my model player.

WHAT GALLIANI, SHEVA AND KALADZE HAD TO SAY

29/03/2006

LYON - Adriano Galliani, Andriy Shevchenko and Kakhaber Kaladze spoke to the Milan Channel after the final training session ahead of the Lyon game:

GALLIANI: ‘The draw has brought us up against another side who are top of their league. Last year it was PSV and we have already had Bayern this season. Lyon have dominated French football for the last five years and they have top players but so have we ... It will be a great game as both sides like to play attacking football, with a 4-3-3 formation. We play a 4-3-1-2 but we have three attackers really. We are in good shape even though the game will be difficult. Lyon could have met us in the semi-finals last year but they are becoming one of the top sides in Europe.'
    Turning to the rumours in the Spanish press that Carlo Ancelotti is still a Real Madrid target, the chief executive said: 'The Spanish press have got it wrong because there is a friendly relationship between the clubs. I can solemnly promise in front of all Rossoneri fans, he won't be Real Madrid coach.'

SHEVA: 'The pitch is in great condition and we are hoping for a great game. I get on well with Kaką, both on and off the pitch. Hopefully we can turn on a good show tomorrow for the public and I am sure our fans present will help us.' The striker also felt the French side should be worried about Milan and said: 'It pleases me when we are considered one of the strongest sides in the world. It will be a difficult game, however, and we can't let our guard down.'

KALADZE:‘We are really concentrated as this is a very important game. We have to play well against what will be a tough side. Like most sides, their defence is the weak point. Milan are ready and looking forward to playing.'

From acmilan.com

Well, here we go then. Official lineups:

LIONE: Coupet; Clerc, Cris, Caēapa, Abidal; Tiago, Diarra, Pedretti; Wiltord, Carew, Malouda. All: Houllier.

A disposizione: Vercoutre, Muller, Reveillere, Clement, Govou, Benzema.

MILAN: Dida; Costacurta, Nesta, Kaladze, Serginho; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kaką; Shevchenko, Gilardino. All: Ancelotti.

A disposizione: Kalac, Simic, Maldini, Jankulovski, Vogel, Rui Costa, Inzaghi.

From www.uefa.com

1 Coupet
    3 Cris
    5 Caēapa
    7 Diarra
    9 Carew
    10 Malouda
    20 Abidal
    21 Tiago
    22 Wiltord
    26 Pedretti
    31 Clerc